Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer School Is In!

It's the first day of summer school today, Tim Holtz's Summer of Creative Chemistry school that is!

If you haven't heard the exciting news Tim Holtz is offering a new creative chemistry class this year, Creative Chemistry 103, and in preparation for the new class he is doing a review of Creative Chemistry 101 and Creative Chemistry 102.  A summer full of creative fun starting today, June 1st and going right on through to August 12th!  I am so excited to be able to participate and did my first homework assignment today :O)

We are starting with a review of Creative Chemistry 101 and our first assignment is to create a tag, card or other project with at least four colours of Distress ink and a technique taught in lesson 2 of CC101.  I decided to make a birthday card for my brother and used multiple colours of Distress inks in my wrinkle free distress background (with some spritz and flick because I just can't resist watching those water drops do their thing!)


There's Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Iced Spruce and even a bit of Blueprint Sketch in the background and then that wonderful Crazy Cat was water coloured with Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Seedless Preserves.


Isn't that sentiment perfect with this wonderful Crazy Cat?!  I just got this Birthday Balloons stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, love it.


The party hat, bow tie and deflated balloon are from the Crazy Things stamp set and the fish skeleton is in the Crazy Cats stamp set.  I coloured them with Candied Apple, Barn Door, Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover DI's and used a bit of black button thread for the balloon string.


Ah Distress Ink, how I love you!  Even though I use it all the time I still marvel at the magic when ink and water meet.

Hope to see you in school this summer, we are going to have lots of fun (and I hear that there are even some prizes to be won!).  Click here to read all about this wonderful Summer of Creative Chemistry and thanks so much for stopping by today, happy creating!

Deb xo



12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Deb, must get myself signed up asap xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this kitty card Deb.I have been going a bit Crazy with Crazy Kitties myself...after your kitty tag! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Love the Crazy Cat. That background is pretty amazing looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a very nice card and cheerful! I love it .... I think I'll have to resign myself to buy the stamps with cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...LOVE the words! Very cool looking background! The contrast with the cat's color is fabulous, of course. Love the balloon on the floor. My favorites about crazy cat is his eyes and his tail. A really fun birthday card, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I so love these cats. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous inky background and fantastic colouring on the Crazy Cat - a great card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your card ..must get my make done tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I am a bit behind and have to get mine done today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just about the best birthday card I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! Thanks for sharing it in the class gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo