Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Vintage Autos Father's Day Card

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well.  I am squeaking in under the wire with my homework assignment for week 2 of Tim Holtz's Summer of Creative Chemistry.  This week we were challenged to make a tag, card or other project using Distress stains and stamps.  We have been reviewing weeks 3, 4 & 5 of Creative Chemistry 101 and even though I did take Creative Chemistry 101 I had forgotten MANY of the tips and techniques so have (re)learned a lot!

With Father's Day just around the corner I took the opportunity to use my Distress stains to make a card for my Dad.


I used a number 1 and number 5 manila tag and coloured both with Distress stains in Squeezed Lemonade, Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass.  The script stamping was done with Picket Fence Distress stain and Tim's Ledger Script stamp on the larger tag and with a smaller script stamp from my stash on the small tag.

The cars were stamped with Black Soot Archival ink using Tim Holtz's Vintage Auto stamp set.


I'm not sure how I managed to get as much of the Picket Fence Distress stain script showing through the archival ink but hope I can figure it out 'cause I love the look!

Dad was stamped onto the smaller tag using Tim's Worn Text stamps and the star is from his Possibilities stamp set, once again stamped with Black Soot Archival ink.


The tags were layered and mounted onto a piece of typography cardstock from my stash and the arrows (from Tim's The Journey clear stamp set) were stamped with Black Soot Archival again.  I coloured a Mirrored Star with Mushroom alcohol ink and added it to the smaller tag and one of Tim's Typed Tokens was added to the large tag.  I chose the heart Typed Token as it is a perfect word to describe my Dad; he has a loving heart, a giving heart, an understanding heart, a generous heart and he is the heart of our family.  I am very blessed to be able to call him my Dad xo

The panel was then adhered onto a black card blank and my Vintage Auto Father's Day card was done.


Thanks for stopping by today and hope that you too will have a chance to join in the fun at the Summer of Creative Chemistry.  Have a wonderful week and happy creating!

Deb  xo

10 comments:

  1. I need you to figure it out as well with the Picket Fence because that is amazingly awesome sauce and so cool! Wowzers tags and card design. Your Father is going to love this! Fantabulous! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card, Deb, with very cool looking techniques! The magic of Picket Fence makes it a really fun ink to play around with. I've had it work both well and not so well, so I sure haven't figured out its most inner secrets yet. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, what an amazing use of these techniques! Great card design and so thoughtful. He will love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, love the card and sure your dad will too. Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous effects you achieved on your lovely "homework"! Wonderful layers and distress, love it all!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. Love all the techniques you used

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic homework, love this beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly, utterly gorgeous Deb love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, inking and I love those wonderful car stamps! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag for your Dad; I'm sure he is treasuring it! You are blessed to have such a wonderful man in your life! Those tags are beautiful, and I agree the look of the stain showing through the stamped vintage cars looks fantastic! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo