Sunday, July 17, 2016

Explore Beauty Everyday Tag

Hello, hope you are all having a great weekend.  I finished my July tag yesterday for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 (shocking I know, it's nowhere near the end of July yet!) and got some pictures taken this morning.


Tim's tag remix for July is a combination of his watercolour resist technique from July of 2015 and layered words from April of 2015.  I won't go into great detail on how I made my tag as you can read Tim's tutorial by clicking here but I did make a couple of changes on mine.

For the layered words portion of my tag, I used Tim's Alphanumeric dies to spell Go Everyday and cut the tag from some butterfly and moth patterned scrapbook paper I had in my stash.


To accommodate my message, the tag ended up being larger than normal, more the size of a #10 tag as compared to the #8 tags I usually use.

For the watercolour resist portion of my tag, I stamped the lovely butterfly from Tim's Perspectives stamp set and then also stamped the word Beauty from the same set.


I had some Arches 140 lb cold press watercolour paper sitting out on my workbench from a previous project so used it for the insert.

The word explore was die cut from Tim's Handwritten Journey die set, first in black cardstock and then also in a pale blue cardstock and I bump layered them as the black alone was getting slightly lost against the black moths on the patterened cardstock.


Serendipitously, the blue cardstock was just about the exact same shade as the Tumbled Glass Distress ink watercolouring I laid over my butterfly!  I coloured a small Mirrored Star with Mushroom alcohol ink and added it as well.

I applied some Words Remnant Rubs phrases to the watercolour paper and spattered the whole tag with thinned black acrylic paint.


Stitching was added all around the insert (except for where the butterfly wing went off the edge) with my sewing machine.

One of the vintage keys that my FIL had gifted to me was aged a bit more with Rust alcohol ink and was adhered to the bottom of the tag with E6000 glue.


I added it as I believe that one of the key to finding joy in life is by exploring beauty everyday, no matter where you find it :O)

And as a finally addition to my tag, I coloured one of Tim's Charmed charms with Rust alcohol ink, punched out an egg image from his Wallflower Paper Stash and added a dome of Glossy Accents overtop.


It was attached to a fragment of lace coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress ink with a Loop Pin.

This tag combined two of my very favourite techniques from Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 and I love how it turned out.


Thanks as always for stopping by today and hope that you will be able to make your own version of Tim's July tag, I can't wait to see them!  Have a great week and happy creating!

Deb xo

16 comments:

  1. Just glorious, Deb! I really like the light black spatters! and the butterfly is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant take on Tim's tag Deb, love the butterflies (of course) and the colours, beautifully put together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on FB and wowed! Love this version... The background, the butterfly, the colours! Was lying in bed last night thinking I must do Tim tag this month so thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy Deb! you've done it this time that colour combination is amazing. Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful colouring on your butterfly as well as that lovely butterfly paper, and the stitching detail really finishes things nicely. Great tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the butterfly Deb, it makes such a fabulous focal point. Great wording too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wording you used on this lovely version of Tim's July Tag Deb! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just been going through some of my favorite blogs and came to your July Tim Tag - whoa! It stopped my scrolling quickly. Beautiful execution of the concepts in this month's tag. Really lovely and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful. You are so talented Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous! Love the tag background! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tag, love the colouring in and the layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag Deb. Love your Go Exploring sentiment, words I live by now. lol. What a wonderful version of the original. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is just amazing! I love the colours and love the design! Fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beauty!!! Love that gorgeous butterfly. Fab take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you used printed paper for the die cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to use the butterfly paper and your Tim butterfly is delicious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo