Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Oh Those Crazy Dogs!

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great week.  I was very lucky a couple of weeks ago and was one of the winners of Tim Holtz's new Crazy Dogs stamp sets that he and Stampers Anonymous were generously giving away.  They arrived in the mail a couple of days ago (thanks Mario!), aren't they hilarious?!


They were designed by Kristina Werner who also designed the Crazy Cats, love the expressions!

I hadn't had a chance to ink the dogs up yet as I've been working on some other (can't show them to you yet) projects but yesterday, when I was cruising Instagram, I saw that it was Mario Rossi's birthday and decided it was the perfect opportunity to make a birthday card in his honour! (For those who don't know Mario, he is Tim Holtz's Logistics Manager, partner in crime and sharer of all the wonderful Behind The Scenes peeks on Instagram and Facebook.)


I love that all of the Crazy stamps (birds, cats and dogs) are sized so that the Crazy Things accessory stamps fit them all.  So I dressed this pup in the party hat and tie and added the present and balloons from Crazy Things.  The dog bone is in the Crazy Dogs set and I added the bow tie from Crazy Things to it :O)  The smaller balloon and the Happy Birthday sentiment are by Simon Says Stamp and the background was embossed with a We R Memory Keepers Polka Dot embossing folderDistress Inks were used to watercolour the pup and all of the party paraphernalia as well as to colour the embossed background.

 Hope that Mario had a wonderful birthday and that you've enjoyed seeing the card, I had a lot of fun making it!  I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with a post for A Vintage Journey so hope to see you again then, have a great day and happy creating!

Deb xo

8 comments:

  1. I have to say that out of the three (crazy birds, cats and dogs) the dogs have just become my favorite. LOVE the card you made, too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh clever you to win these Deb!Love the card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, you lucky thing! I've ordered mine but they've not arrived yet, Love, Love, Love the card. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! LOVE the tie!!! So crazy cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got yours OK too, you have done a fabulous job on the card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that BOTH you AND Anne won the stamps Deb!! I LOVE this happy puppy b'day card you created - so bright and colorful! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, congratulations on your win--you lucky dog, you! In a word this card is ADORABLE! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo