Thursday, July 28, 2016

Silver Peace Christmas Card

I know, I know, it's a bit early to be posting Christmas cards but some of the techniques that we learned in Tim Holtz's Summer of Creative Chemistry this week just begged to be used to make a Christmas card! So I succumbed and here is the card I created.


I used the shabby chic technique for the background and the sticky embossing powder foil technique for the Peace tag, just look at the shimmer when you turn it to the light!


I also added some of the Thermoweb silver Deco Foil around the edges of the shabby chic background just as Tim did on his November 12 Tags of 2016.

I was in a bit of a rush to get this card made and posted today as it is the last day to get our week 8 projects linked up, so only have a couple of in process photos for you.

The background was clear embossed with Tim's Distress Damask stamps and then I used Weathered Wood Distress paint overtop of the embossing.


I really didn't want to cover it up, isn't it lovely?

The tag was a cut down #8 tag that I coloured with several colours of blue Distress inks with the wrinkle free distress technique and then stamped the Peace stamp (a very old discontinued stamp from my stash, think it's one of the first stamps I ever bought!) and embossed it with the Sticky embossing powder.  I don't have any metal leaf so used the silver Deco Foil and it came out beautifully.


Some Walnut Stain DI around the edges, Tinsel twine inked and heated for a vintage feel and a silver jingle bell slightly aged with Mushroom alcohol ink and attached with a rusty safety pin completed the tag.

Here's a couple of closeups.



So we are now officially finished with the review of Creative Chemistry 102 and tomorrow we start Creative Chemistry 103, a brand new course which Tim promises will be full of new techniques and products and projects .... I'm so excited to get started!  I'll continue to share my homework with you over the next 4 weeks for CC103, it's going to be so much fun.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you can pop back later this afternoon when I will have a Tag Friday post for A Vintage Journey (yes, I know it's only Thursday but it will be Friday in the UK after 4:00 p.m. so my posts are always a day behind, or is that ahead?  Time zones get me so confused LOL!)  Hope to see you then,

Deb xo

6 comments:

  1. This is just EXQUISITELY BEAUTIFUL Deb. It just radiates peace. It's very special. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous rustic creation Deb :) Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Deb! I signed up for all 3 classes and then had some sad family happenings and haven't watched one class yet - hopefully can find the time to start them soon - can't wait to see this technique done! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful and we just love how you used our Deco Foil for those beautiful edges of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Christmas card from top to bottom! It is a shame to cover that beautiful background, but the end result is just fantastic! Pinned! LOVE it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo