Friday, August 12, 2016

Courage To Imagine Mixed Media Assemblage Plaque

Hello!  Just popping in quickly to let you know I am hosting over at Southern Ridge Trading Company's challenge blog today and have a tutorial to share with you for my Courage To Imagine mixed media assemblage plaque.


Our August challenge theme at Southern Ridge is Anything Goes and while I love the possibilities of an anything goes challenge I usually have a heck of a time deciding what to make, too many ideas running about my noggin!  So I decided to fall back upon my love of all things vintage and combined lots of lovely chipboard embellishments from Southern Ridge Trading Company with a plethora of Tim Holtz goodness :O)

Hope you'll be able to pop by to see how I made it and that you will be inspired to join in our August challenge, you have a chance to win 4 designs from the online store - chipboard.ca - a $20.00 (before tax) retail value of YOUR OWN CHOOSING!  See you there!

Deb xo

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous plaque Deb, I especially love the reverse vintage car and the Union Jack banner. Everything works together brilliantly and you have created a superbly composed piece xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great vintage plaque, Deb! What a lot a great details and all blending so well together. Wonderful finishing touches and techniques to inspire us with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is just terrific, Deb! Lots of inspiration for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plaque Deb and the style of the layout would make a nice card for a man too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Deb, it's always good to have ideas for men. I know just what you mean about Anything Goes except my mind goes blank and I think ' I haven't got anything that I could possibly use' lol. It's good to see the Union Flag banner up there. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking plaque. You always manage to put something spectacular together

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific masculine plaque - I love the pennants, and those fabulous tiny gilded gears - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo