Sunday, August 21, 2016

Explore Life August 12 Tags Of 2016

Hello everyone, I meant to get this post up earlier today but our hound dog had a run in with a skunk (!!!!) so we've been repeatedly washing and rinsing and washing and rinsing trying to get rid of the stench.  In her defense, we never had skunks around here before this year so she was not aware of their stinky defensive strategies ... she is very aware now!  She is still rather odoriferous as she got it full in the face and washing around her eyes and ears is problematic but it is somewhat better than it was.  So here I sit at the computer with a clothespeg on my nose, typing (just kidding, it's not quite that bad LOL!).

I've been working like crazy getting DT projects completed for September since we will be away on holidays and I have to get them completed and scheduled to post before we leave.  But I managed to find a couple of hours today to get my August Tim tag completed while waiting for gesso to dry.  You can see Tim's complete tutorial here, this month's tag was a remix of brayered stain from July 2013 and frameworks from April 2014.  Here's my interpretation of Tim's August tag.


I decided to add some emboss resist to my background before brayering it with Peeled Paint, Broken China and Mustard Seed Distress stains.  I used the Ledger Script stamp with Distress embossing ink and clear embossing powder.


I used the Honeycomb Framework die, cut from some Wallflower paper stash paper.  For the pieces to infill the framework I used some scraps from my stash, Mirrored sheets, Deco sheets;


and some burlap, stamped and dyed muslin and a hydrangea print napkin.


The Layered Leaf die was cut from black cardstock and embossed with the accompanying embossing folder.


To anchor the leaf, I sewed some Stripes Paper String onto the tag and then attached a No. 5 tag from my stash with jump rings (no idea where it came from but it's cute!)


A Vial label was wrapped around the edge and I added the 'explore life' Remnant Rub to it.

Some Distress ink stained Crinkle ribbon and jute twine finished off the tag.


I can't believe that it is nearly the end of August, only 4 more tags to complete for 2016, where or where has this year disappeared to?!


Thanks as always for stopping by today and hope you have had a less fragrant weekend than we have had!  Have a great week everyone and happy creating,

Deb xo

14 comments:

  1. This tag is mazing Deb!! Absolutely love it :-)

    Freddie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a beauty Deb, I love that you used the resist technique first, it adds so much to the background, your leaf looks very dramatic! A great take on Tim's tag!

    I feel so sorry for your poor hound dog, skunk has to be one of the worst smells there is, I guess she won't be going near one in future though - well, fingers crossed for your sake! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag. I really like the look of the honeycomb diecut.
    Too bad about the dog. We had a dog that got a little too close once and I used a mixture that my sister in law found in a hunting magazine. It worked great. It's a combination of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. I found a link for the humane society that gives instructions for the same solution http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/de-skunking_dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Deb! Loving your background, that script worked so well with your resist technique! The black leaf just jumps off the tag, wow, amazing contrast!! Yipes, a skunk!! Saw one on my walk the other day, walked right in front of me!! Didn't have my camera on it though, doh!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific take on Tim's tag of the month challenge. Love the big leaf on your great background. That honeycomb looks fun to play around with. Great finishing details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You background is so gorgeous. I love the resist, and that leave just jumps out at you. Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Deb, that black leaf really pops. I would really like to see a photo of your dog as long as you don't post the smell too Lol! Thankfully we don't have skunks in the UK but our dogs do like to find smelly stuff to roll in. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! Love the resist and awesome honeycomb cuts, wow! So pretty! Enjoy your upcoming holiday and hope poor pup is sweet again soon :)
    hugs
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, Deb!! Love everything about it! Happy holidays, and hopefully one lesson on skunks is all your pup needs, lol! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. The great elements in your mosaic really work with the "Explore Life" theme of this tag, so eclectic and interesting. This is just beautiful. My take is using leaves too, but so far on the other end of the spectrum. Tee he. I'm really inspired and this may be my fav tag this month! ;0 TFS and hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. ACK... This is awesome! Loving all the details and textures ;) Great take on August Tag!!! EWH SKUNKS! I hope things are smelling back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tag is beautiful! Nice work ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The embossed resist is perfect for the background. And I like the colors so much. It is a wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous contrast with the big leaf against that resisted background! Gorgeous take on this one! Big hugs to you, and hopefully your fur baby will be back to his old sweet self soon! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo