Sunday, September 18, 2016

Autumn Leaves Card

Hello everyone, hope you are having a lovely weekend.  It's cool and rainy here and the leaves are changing colour and falling to the ground; fall has most definitely arrived whether I want it to or not!


Seeing all of the falling leaves yesterday on our hike inspired me to make an autumn leaves card using Tim Holtz's new Leaf Prints stamp along with his Layered Leaf die and embossing folder set.


No step outs for this card but it was very easy to make, the background was created by first watercolour stamping the Leaf Prints stamps with various fall colours of Distress inks and then offset stamping the same leaves overtop using Simon Says Stamp's Olive dye ink.


The stamped leaves were protected with Distress Micro Glaze and the background then washed with Fozzilized Amber DI.  Some second generation script stamping and spattering with several colours of diluted acrylic paint (black, white, brown and orange) followed before cutting the background to size and tattering and inking the edges.

The Layered Leaf was die cut from watercolour paper coloured with several shades of Distress inks and then embossed with the coordinating embossing folder.  The embossed areas and edges were inked again with Gathered Twigs DI.


The 'autumn' flashcard from Tim's Elementary Flashcard pack was tattered and inked around the edges and tucked underneath the Layered Leaf and a length of jute twine.


A small bow was tied from jute twine and baker's twine and topped with a faceted brown flat back heart from my stash.


The assembly was mounted onto black cardstock with a 1/8" reveal on all sides and then mounted onto a cream coloured card blank.  As a final step, I watercolour stamped another of the Leaf Print stamps onto the envelope with Distress ink.


Thanks for stopping by today and hope that summer is hanging on for just a bit longer in your neck of the woods or if not that you too have been inspired by the changing of the seasons.  Have a lovely Sunday and as always happy creating!

Deb xo

14 comments:

  1. Sooo enjoyed seeing your Autumn leaves card Deb. It is just beautiful. Your background is perfect and the colors wonderful. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful mix of autumnal colours Deb and gorgeous design. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just stunning Deb, I adore that background already, wonderful work with those leafprint stamps (I have been sitting on the fence with those ones, I think you have just persuaded me that I really need them)... That big leaf always does it for me, it looks stunning here. The card has been put beautifully together, I really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card that is. Even though I always hate to see summer end, I do love all the fall colors and decorations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Deb. I love these gorgeous rusty colours and lovely finish on the envelope too. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a gorgeous card, and gorgeous leaf, and gorgeous background! It's my favorite time of the year. It's wonderful you have trees around you that change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful Autumn card, Deb! The layered leaf is absolutely gorgeous and so real-like. The stamped leaves are fab using a couple of colors, love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely and beautiful Deb. Here we are still hanging on Summer, but the air carry the smell of Autumn, with no red leaves yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb, this is gorgeous, I love the background you created for that beautiful maple leaf to sit atop! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is very beautiful, Deb ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Deb, that leaf is amazing! A real stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy colors! Such a lovely background to feature that gorgeous leaf. This puts me in A good mood just looking at it. The water colored stamp on the envelope adds the perfect finishing touch to this perfect design. Totes fantabulous! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Autumn card, Deb! I love the watercolor background and that leaf is beautiful. Just a lovely design altogether! I'm so envious of your fall weather, but have to remind myself, I don't ever have to shovel snow in the winter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo