Saturday, September 3, 2016

Together Forever Fall Anniversary Card

Hello everyone, we're still at home waiting for the weather to hopefully smarten up before we head off on our camping trip (it was 2 C / 36 F here last night!) so I took the opportunity to make an anniversary card for my Mom and Dad's upcoming 60th wedding anniversary (Mom and Dad, if you are reading this stop now LOL!).  I just received some of Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous fall release stamps and decided to give the Floret background stamp an outing with an autumnal palette.


Here's a few step by step photos:

The Floret stamp was inked with Distress ink (Fossilized Amber, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany, Seedless Preserves), misted with water and stamped onto white cardstock.   To tone down the white card that was still showing, the entire stamped image was lightly coloured with Antique Linen and the edges coloured with Vintage Photo.  I truly meant for more of this lovely stamped background to show on my finished card but a dull cutting blade on my paper trimmer ended that idea :O(


The Stitched Rectangles die cut frame was embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  Love how the stitched details still show through the embossing!

The sentiment was printed out on my computer (font is Respective Slanted) and then coloured with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress inks using Tim Holtz's wrinkle free technique (my Epson DuraBrite printer ink is waterproof so I am able to get it wet without it running or smearing).  I added a top coat of DecoArt Gloss varnish, trimmed it to size and adhered it to the stamped background with the embossed Stitched Rectangles frame over top.




Silver Deco sheet was coloured with Ginger alcohol ink, mounted onto some cardstock for backing and the words 'together forever' die cut with Tim Holtz's Handwritten Love dies.  The words were die cut again from black fun foam and layered underneath the Deco sheet words for dimension.

Tiny Tattered Florals and leaves were die cut from some of my hoarded saved Graphic 45 French Country Collection 8x8 papers.  This paper was also used to back my layered stamped image.









And then the card was assembled, I used some Bazzill Basics Brown paper to make my card blank and adhered the G45 French Country paper to the card front.  The layered stamped image was mounted overtop with black fun foam underneath it for some dimension.


The Deco sheet words were adhered in place above and below the framed printed sentiment.


And last but not least, the Tiny Tattered Florals flowers and leaves were adhered to the frame in the top right and bottom left corners.  I added just a touch of Platinum Stickles glitter glue in the center of each of the flowers.


I hope that you've enjoyed seeing my anniversary card and that my Mom & Dad will like it, it was made with lots of love and heartfelt thanks for being such a shining example of what love and family is all about.  Love you both so much!


I'd like to link my card up with Craft Stamper Magazine's Make It Take It Anything Goes September challenge, I hope that my stamped Floret background will be enough to fulfill the stamped element requirement.

Thanks as always for stopping by today and if this darn weather doesn't smarten up I will most probably be back soon with another project.  Although we love camping, camping when it's near freezing and raining is nowhere near as much fun as when it's warm and sunny!  Have a great long weekend everyone and happy creating!

Deb xo

12 comments:

  1. Deb, your card is beautiful! Congratulations to your parents! My parents celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary this last June. They did not get such a beauty of a card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Deb.... That background is stunning and love the stitched rectangles, Hope,your travels commence soon and you have a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the background is gorgeous in those wonderful autumnal colours! Here's hoping the weather improves so that you can enjoy your holiday time! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunnin card!!! Great background, wonderful composition and I adore those soft Autumnal hues, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Deb, love it to bits. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb! This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing each step! And hope the weather picks up for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Deb, that TH background is fabulous! I hope the weather is better for you now, I'm a fair weather camper myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORE this Deb - every inch. Beautiful luscious colors - all my favorites too!! Total eye candy for me - thanks bunches. j.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful ...... gorgeous colour combination. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely and means so much because of the thought and creativity you put into it. Hope the weather starts to cooperate for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo