Thursday, October 6, 2016

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Hello blogging peeps, hope this finds you all well.  I'm waiting for some gesso to dry on my next project and while twiddling my thumbs realized that I had never shown you the 60th anniversary plaque that I made for my Mom and Dad.  It was made with lots of love and thanks for being the very best parents a gal could ever dream of ... mwah! ... love you both so much!


The inspiration for the plaque came to me while leafing through a Recollections 'Memories Documented' paper pad I had picked up a few months ago.   I saw the 'happily ever after' card and that wonderful subway print 'together forever' banner and immediately knew what I wanted to do!

I started out with a picture of my Mom and Dad from their courting days (it's my Mom's favourite picture of the two of them from that time :O), slightly colourized the scanned image with Distress markers and mounted a Baroque Frame embossed with a combo of Hammered Metal and Burnt Copper Leaves embossing powders over top.


The Weathered  Clock die cut was embossed with the same combo and I added some Words Remnant Rubs to the right side.  The 'always' Flash Card was attached with a Hinge Clip and it seemed an appropriate sentiment after 60 years of wedded bliss!

This subway print sentiment really says it all doesn't it?


I added some taupe flat back diamond gems and hearts for their Diamond anniversary too.

The number 60 was made with Tim Holtz's metal Numerals and they got the same embossing powder treatment as the Baroque frame and Weathered Clock die cut to tie it all together.


A Fragment was laid over a piece of scrapbook paper from a Maggie Holmes Crate Paper pad (#683439) that had the handwritten words 'I love you' repeated on it.  I edged the Fragment with some Mushroom alcohol ink to tie it in with the vintage feel of the plaque.


The 'happily ever after' sentiment was mounted on some fun foam for dimension and finally a Game Spinner had the 'love' Typed Token attached to it with a fragment of rusty wire.  The paper backing all of the elements was from the same Memories Documented paper pad and the wood grain paper peeking out around the edges was one I had in my stash.

My Mom and Dad loved it which is all that mattered to me.  There is no way in the world to repay them for all of their love and support but hope that this little token of love and appreciation showed them how much they mean to our family.  Happy 60th anniversary Mom and Dad, love you to the moon and back!

And thanks to you my friends for stopping by today, hope that you've enjoyed seeing my anniversary plaque and as always, happy creating!

Deb xo

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! And congrats to your parents-- quite a milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb! Fantastic plaque in honor of your parents many years together! Fabulous details and everything in this collage is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous, and what a feat they've accomplished! I LOVE the clock portion...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Deb what an exquisite plaque for your mum and dad, it really says it all in terms of their amazing 60 years together and your love for them both. I love it, the design, the sentiment and the fabulous elements you used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special Deb! This plaque is a lovely tribute.
    I also have a tag on it's way to you!
    Judyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one amazing gift! Truly exquisite design work. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not surprised they loved this, it is a real stunner Deb, and what a special anniversary that is for them too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect, right down to that little love charm. I bet your parents loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb, what a fabulous keepsake for your parents. Amazing attention to detail, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Deb. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your Mum and Dad Deb, your plaque is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet they loved it, what an absolute treasure you have created for them!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo