Monday, October 31, 2016

Definitely Not Halloween

Hello and happy Halloween to everyone!  I'm skidding across the finish line with my October 12 Tags of 2016 but I have to warn you that my tag is not even remotely Halloween related, I'm in full blown Christmas crafting mode here and could not for the life of me change gears.  So prepare yourselves LOL!

Tim's fabulous October tag is a remix of patchwork collage from February, 2015 and dimensional monster from October, 2015.  I won't bore you with any of the technique details because you can read them all in Tim's tutorial (click here).  For my version of the October tag, I went with a patchwork collage of Christmas ephemera bits and bobs from my stash and for the dimensional 'monster' technique used the Dashing Deer (who's not even remotely monstrous!) embossed with the Holly Ribbon Texture Fades embossing folder.


And here is my finished tag.


Anyone hearing Christmas carols?!  :OD

I love the Holly Ribbon embossing on the deer, I used Walnut Stain Distress paint to enhance the embossed areas.


And did you spy the Pinecone Adornment on his collar?  I twisted the prongs off on a couple of Jingle Brads and hung them all from some Pine Twine.


The Mini Paper Snowflakes die cuts were leftover from another project I was working on so I added a few of them to the tag as well.

The Seasons Greetings Tidings Token was coloured with Festive Berries Distress crayon and a star stud from my stash was coloured with Festive Berries Distress paint.


So as I said, my October tag was not even remotely Halloween themed but I did have a lot of fun (as always!) making Tim's tag.  Hope you managed to get yours done in a more timely manner than me!

And since it is All Hallow's Eve, I will leave you with a little throw back to a door hanger that I made waaaay back in 2013 (I can't believe it was that long ago!) but it is still one of my favourite Halloween decorations.  Enjoy and have a spooktacular day!


Deb xo

5 comments:

  1. Deb, I love your October tag! You've made that stag so majestic looking. Awesome inspiration. And your Halloween door decoration is fabulous. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow love your Christmas take on Tim's tag, that stag head is wonderfully majestic and the background with the Christmas ephemera is fabulous. Love your make Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas take, and oh that gorgeous stag!!! Love it all. Great Halloween decor too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did a Christmas version of Tim's tag, it is a real beauty Deb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your tag may not be Halloween related to but it's pretty fantastic. I LOVE the look of that reindeer.
    I like your door hanger too.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo