Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Things That Make You Scream ATC's

Hello, hope this finds you all well!  I've been crafting away like a mad woman this last couple of weeks as I've a whole lot of projects coming due very soon, so apologies for my absence from Blogland.  Unfortunately I can't show you much of what I've been working on as they are for upcoming DT projects or submissions to publications but I do have a couple of ATC's I can share with you.  The current ATC swap theme for our Mixed Media Studio groups is 'Things That Make You Scream' and here is what I created for my swap partner.

This first ATC has an element that is pretty much guaranteed to make me scream if it catches me unawares, a SPIDER!


I know, I know they aren't (for the most part!) going to hurt me and I am much larger than they are but they still have the power to creep me out!

I was using my hoarded saved stash of Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells papers for another project so used the Tick-Tock paper for the background on this ATC.  The spider web was die cut from black cardstock with Tim Holtz's Mixed Media Halloween die and I edged the whole ATC with some spider web washi tape I had in my stash (think it was a Michaels find from last year?).


The skull pennants are from Vectoria Designs (shrunk down considerably!) and I stamped the middle banner image onto cardstock coloured with Distress Inks using a discontinued Halloween postcard stamp by Crafty Secrets.  The banners were glued onto some black button thread and secured underneath the washi tape edging.

I coloured one of Tim's Wicked spider charms with black, mushroom and rust alcohol inks and suspended her from more black button thread.


A label from Tim's Regions Beyond paper stash was cut down to fit and stamped with the 'something wicked' saying from his Mini Halloween 5 stamp set.  I added some 'blood spatters' by stenciling through the Speckles layering stencil with Barn Door Distress ink and spritzing with water.

The second ATC which I'm calling 'Trick or Treat?' started out with an obituary print from Tim's Regions Beyond paper stash that was embossed with his Poison Labels Texture Fades embossing folder.


The scream element on this ATC came from the possibility that someone might actually add a little poison into your Halloween treats, now that's a dirty trick!

The skull die cut was gifted to me by a friend so not sure who's design it is but I coloured the white cardstock with several shades of brown Distress inks and spattered it with water.


A couple of ephemera labels from Tim's Frightful Ephemera pack were layered overtop.

The poison bottle was cut from a piece of layering stencil packaging using Tim's Mini Apothecary Movers and Shapers die and the 'poison' label is one that came with his amber Apothecary Vials.  I gently curved the die cut and added a strip of fun foam underneath to elevate it off of the background.


To ground the poison vial, I added a couple of pieces of Orange and Black Jute twine attached with staples and then stamped the 'trick or treat' sentiment onto a scrap of cardstock coloured with Distress inks.  The stamp is from another discontinued Halloween stamp set from Crafty Secrets.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing my Things That Make You Scream ATC's and I hope that my swap partner will like them too.  I'll be back on Friday with a post for Southern Ridge Trading Company and hope that you will pop back then to see another Halloween project, it turned out spook-tacular!  See you on Friday and as always, happy creating!

Deb xo

9 comments:

  1. I love these Deb! Great layouts and composition xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both ATCs, I am with you on the spiders but the one on your first ATC looks quite cute! Loving the skull on the second one... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Deb. At fist at thought they were cards and wondered where the big cobweb had come from but then realised they were ATCs. I understand your feeling about spiders but don't forget that they eat the other creatures in the house that you probably don't want to know about so spiders are good! Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love ATC's...so fun on such a little space! These are festive and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these ATCs! I'm on your side with the spidered...they creep me out! I don't even like to craft with them if they look too real. Cutsie ones are ok only. You've got really great creepy details on both cards. Love all this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thye are fabulous...I love the cat on the first one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know I love these Deb, I'm amazed at the details you get on your ATC's. I love that spiders web washi tape, and I feel your pain at having to cut into your Graphic 45 paper, I had to do that too this week and needed to lie down afterwards :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ATC's. That spider doesn't bother me so much so long as it hangs there on your card...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are fun and perfect for Halloween. I have to say that I don't mind spiders though, even after being bit by a brown recluse. That wasn't fun! Your spiders and details on each ATC are wonderful and the poison bottle is awesome sauce! Hope you aren't worn out from all your projects. Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo