Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Rejects

Hello, hope everyone in Canada and the States has enjoyed the extra hour of shut-eye we all got today with the time change.  I love the 'fall' back time change but not quite as big a fan of the 'spring' forward, wouldn't it be nice if we could just keep falling back without having to suffer through the spring forward?!

Over the next two days I'm going to share a couple of Christmas cards that I made back in July for submission to magazines for publication.  Sadly they were rejected (hence the title of my post :O) but I still love 'em and hope you will too.  The first Christmas card is actually a postcard which I thought was a fun twist on a traditional card.


I started out with a 4" x 6" chipboard postcard blank and covered the front with a red toile paper from the My Mind's Eye Holiday Cheer paper pad.


The edges were sanded and aged with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.

The back of the postcard was covered with a digital scrapbook paper from Vectoria Designs, sanded and aged in the same manner as the front and then stamped with some postcard images.


The stamps used are from the Tattered Angels Vintage Seasons Timeless Romance set and Hampton Arts Hot Fudge Sunday RSS011 stamp set.

Another piece of scrapbook paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pad was layered onto the front after tattering and inking the edges.  The Doily #2 die was used to die cut the doily from digital ledger paper courtesy of Vectoria designs.  The doily was crumpled up, inked and layered overtop of the wreath scrapbook paper.


 One of the snowflakes from the Snowflake Duo die and embossing folder set was die cut from white cardstock and then inked with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.  The prongs were cut off some Jingle Brads and they were added to the center of the snowflake and to the bottom of the postcard.


Seasons Greetings was die cut with the Stacked Words:Christmas die from red polka dot paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pad and it was then mounted on top of a pale green snowflake paper from the same collection.  The edges of the sentiment were distressed and inked.  A Snowflake Adornments charm had the bale cut off and was then embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder.

Cardstock was coloured with multiple shades of green Distress inks and then die cut with the Holiday Greens die


Some snowflakes were punched out with a Marvey snowflake punch from silver Deco Sheets and added here and there around the front of the postcard.  A final spray of Picket Fence Distress Spray stain and Heidi Swapp White Color Shine spray completed the card.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my Season's Greetings postcard and that it's given you some inspiration for your own Christmas card crafting this year.


I'll be back tomorrow with reject #2, hope to see you then and happy creating!

Deb xo

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Deb, fabulous colours and textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Being a postcard fanatic has nothing to do with it. LoL. I love the greenery and the snowflakes mix. Awesome greeting. I know this would have attracted my attention in a magazine. What were they thinking when they rejected! Great details, Deb. I love those little jingle bell brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design Deb, love the colours and diecuts you used, it wouldn't be a reject in my house. Great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fantastic. I can't believe this was rejected.
    I like the falling behind except for the fact that it is now dark at 5:00. I wish they would just do away with the time change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another non-reject! It is fully accepted and very beautiful! Full of festive details! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo