Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Winter Wonderland - November 12 Tags Of 2016

Hello everybody, popping in at the last minute (as usual!) with my November tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016.  Apologies for the pictures, it was only 3:30 p.m. when I took the photographs but was already so dark I had to turn the porch lights on to get a decent shot!


I won't go into details as Tim has a full tutorial on his blog (click here to see it), this months tag was a remix of Remnant Rub resist from May, 2013 and Dimensional Colouring from November, 2015.  As usual, I went off piste with my tag but really love how it turned out.

I used the gold and silver Gilded Christmastime and Gilded Holidays for the remnant rub resist portion of my tag and used multiple shades of blue Distress stains to colour it.


I don't know about you but I have a heck of a time with these gilded remnant rubs, the ones from this years release aren't too bad but the ones from last year are next to impossible to transfer, drives me crazy!

And the Dimensional Colouring portion of my tag wasn't so much dimensional colouring as it was dimensional stamping LOL!


I used this Christmas tree image from a Recollections Christmas clear stamps set, stamping it in black, embossing it with Iridescent Shimmer embossing powder and then colouring the swirls with Distress stain.  The star was stamped again, gold embossed and popped up on a pop dot.

For my word band at the bottom, I used a piece of scrapbook paper from Tim's Tidings Paper Stash, die cut the word 'winter' into it with his Holiday Words:Block die and then backed the negative image with Mirrored Sheet.


Four Jingle Brads in gold and silver were used to attach the word band to the bottom of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek and again, apologies for the pictures but that's what happens when you procrastinate yourself into a late day picture taking at this time of year LOL!  Hope you will stop by tomorrow as I have a jam packed day of posts, three in total if you can believe it, see you tomorrow and happy creating!

Deb xo

4 comments:

  1. I really love the look of the gold and silver rub ons, they look amazing on your beautiful tag Deb - a great take on Tim's tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the gold on that bright blue Deb! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag. I've never used remnant rubs so I've never had any problems with them...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super take on the Tim tag - I love that inky background and I'm glad you persevered with the remnant rubs - lovely touches of sparkle.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo