Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Cards For Weeks 5 and 6 Funkie Junkie Style

Hello, hope you are all surviving the mad Christmas rush!  How is it that the season always manages to creep up on us every single year?  Ready or not, here it comes!

I managed to carve out some time in between cleaning and decorating the house for Christmas to get a couple of cards made for weeks 5 & 6 of The Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style.  Linda's challenge is being sponsored by her online store The Funkie Junkie Boutique and there is lots of inspiration to be found over on her blog.  To see her tags that inspired my cards, just click the links above the pictures below.





My Joyful Holly Christmas card was influenced by Linda's colour palette (although mine came out a bit on the pink gold side of the spectrum!), her use of the Christmas Mixed Media die and the script stamping in the background and on the die cut holly leaves.


I used Tim Holtz's Antiqued Bronze Distress Spray stain and got a little heavy handed with the spray so my card background and Crinkle Ribbon lost any traces of their original white colour but I just went with it!


I decided to use the harlequin die cut from the Christmas Mixed Media die set as a background for my die cut holly leaves and added some script stamping and gold foil to the holly as Linda had done.  I also added some Platinum Stickles glitter glue to the holly berries as well.

The sentiment is from another discontinued Crafty Secrets stamp set.


I popped it up on some fun foam and added gold foil around the edges.

I added one of Tim Holtz's Christmas Typed Tokens coloured with gold alcohol ink mixative to my ribbon and filled in the hole at the top of the token with more Platinum Stickles.


My Most Wonderful Time Christmas card was a direct take on Linda's gorgeous tag, I just had to edit some of the embellishments she had added as I didn't have room on my card.  LOVE the kraft, white and red colour palette!


The white texture paste through the Holiday Knits stencil on the kraft cardstock makes my heart sing, love it!


I only added one row of Tree Line die cut to my card but did add some Rock Candy Distress Glitter here and there as Linda had done.

The tag was stamped with the Mini Doodle Greetings stamp set and the MISTI stamping tool was very helpful in getting a clear stamping of the white ink onto the kraft.  I always have one heck of a time stamping with white ink for some reason!


The red jewel brad was one I picked up at the $1 store earlier this year.

Mini Holiday Greens made their way onto the top of the card along with a beautiful filigree star stamp (discontinued Crafty Secrets again) that I heat embossed with white.


It kind of got lost in the shuffle but the red satin ribbon I used along the top has the word 'joy' written on it in white.

Thanks for stopping by today, it's a crazy busy time of the year so I appreciate your taking the time!  I have week #7's card already made and am hoping to be able to find some time to get more done but we shall see how it goes, the days are flying by and there is still so much to do.  Have a wonderful week and happy creating!

Deb xo

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and I love the added touches of gold foiling, pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are fantastic. You never fail to create something impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are really great! The modern look of the first one is so fun. I love the holy with bits of gold and the texty leaves and the neutral color of it all. The second card is so pretty. Pretty snowy trees and greenery. The bit of red peeking out is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both utterly gorgeous. I don't know how you fit it all in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Deb, and lucky you - sounds as though the house is already decorated too! I've just been cleaning, but the decorating won't happen til closer to the day. I love your Harlequin version (I confess I gave in and ordered the holly thinlit) with the fab gilding around the sentiment, and the warm rosy blush of the background. Great work on the kraft and white too - it was one of my favourites to make, though I won't be posting it until nearly the end. Feeling very pleased with myself that I've got them all done - just the photographing and post-writing to be done (oh, and the rest of the Christmas preparations obviously!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of them are beautiful. You are so talented:)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo