Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Cards Inspired By The Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags Of Christmas Weeks 1 and 2

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.  I find myself with some unexpected free time as I await the arrival of a couple of DT packages so decided to leap in and try and get some Christmas cards made based on The Funkie Junkie's 5th Annual 12 Tags Of Christmas challenge.  Linda has created her usual gorgeous tags for this years challenge and I'm glad to have some time to join in the fun.  I have 5 cards made so far but will just share a couple at a time and here's hoping that I actually complete Linda's challenge this year, that would be a first LOL!  If you have the time, make sure to try and enter as Linda is offering up a wonderful prize from her online store, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Here are the first two cards I made, with the links to Linda's tags:





I won't go into too much detail about each card as Linda has tutorials on her blog but here are a few closeups and details of what inspiration I took from each of Linda's tags.

In Week #1, I was inspired by Linda's use of the Tree Line die, the colour gold, the stars and her sheet music background.


I die cut my trees from some gold foil paper I had in my stash.


I used some snowflake accents rather than stars on my card (Snowflake Duo die and embossing folder by Tim Holtz and Frozen Alpha Parts) but did use some Christmas sheet music from my stash as my background.


Stars do make an appearance on my card though, I used a Star stencil from Southern Ridge Trading Company and Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder from Emerald Creek Craft Supply to decorate the sheet music background.


For week #2, my card was pretty much full on Linda, loved the Nordic stenciling and the pop of the red!


Since this was a card I would be sending in the mail I couldn't use those adorable little Decorative Deer so decided to use the Leaping Deer die from Memory Box instead.


Some Gilded Christmastime gold remnant rub snowflakes made an appearance as well as some Platinum Stickles glitter glue on the deers antlers.

The trees were watercolour stamped with Tim's Tree Line stamps and I love how the red stenciled Mini Polkadot's come through the watercolour stamping, looks like Christmas baubles on the tree!


I used the Peace Vintage Tidings die cut as Linda had used with some Occasions Small Talk stickers and popped up the die cut on some black fun foam.


Thanks to Linda for the wonderful inspiration and I will be back shortly with weeks 3 & 4 so hope to see you then.  Have a great week everyone and happy creating!

Deb xo

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards from Linda's inspiration, Deb... I'm even further behind than you - just posted my first - but I thought it might be just the thing to get me back in the swing of things after so long away from the craft room. I'll be right behind you all the way!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I am so tickled that you decided to use your time in waiting to participate in this fun challenge. I enjoy it so much every year! These two cards are absolutely perfect takes on Linda's tags! I love your beautiful gold kraft core trees and the beautiful deer against the red knit! Exquisite work and welcome aboard. Christmas hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really beautiful cards Deb, Linda's tags have been so inspiring this year and I love your interpretations! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I am so excited to see you have hopped aboard the 12 Tags of Christmas train, and I'm looking forward to seeing all your wonderful interpretations! Weeks one and two are fabulous! Love the glittery antlers on your beautiful deer and the gold trees! Great snowy background on that one, too! Sending Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!!! Love the gold trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Deb! I'm absolutely delighted that you are playing in the challenge this year. Even if you don't cross the finish line, I'm so glad you joined in. Your first two entries are wonderful. Your music score and stenciled stars on the first one are lovely. And I love your deer with his gorgeous antlers on the second one.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo