Sunday, December 18, 2016

Cranberry Marmalade Recipe For You!

Good morning everyone, I posted a picture on Facebook and Instagram of some cranberry marmalade that I had made for Christmas and had a few requests for the recipe so here it is, enjoy!


Cranberry Marmalade

2 oranges
1 lemon
1 1/2 cups water
4 cups fresh cranberries
6 1/2 cups sugar
 1 pouch (85 ml or just shy of 3 oz) liquid pectin

Cut the oranges and lemon into quarters and then slice very thinly crosswise.  Put the thinly sliced oranges and lemons into a large (at least 12 cup) microwaveable bowl with the water.  Cover and microwave on high for 20 - 25 minutes until the rinds are soft, stopping to stir the fruit once or twice as it cooks.  Add the fresh cranberries and microwave on high, covered, for a further 2 minutes.  Stir in the sugar and microwave UNcovered on high for 12 - 14 minutes until the mixture boils, stirring as necessary to prevent boil over.  Add the pectin once the marmalade has reached the boiling point and stir for 5 minutes longer, skimming off any foam as you stir.  Pour the marmalade into sterilized canning jars, seal with prepared lids and screw bands.  Process the marmalade for 15 minutes in a hot water bath for longer storage or you can keep it unprocessed in the fridge for about a month.  Makes approximately 8 cups of marmalade.

It is very delicious and looks lovely on the Christmas morning table, such a wonderful red colour!  Enjoy and happy holidays everyone!

Hugs, Deb xo

3 comments:

  1. it sounds delicious and I bet it tastes amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much for marmalade myself, but I'm going to show this to my mother who is! Just love the photo you've taken of it - so festive.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this recipe, thanks so much for sharing it Deb! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo