Friday, December 30, 2016

December 12 Tags Of 2016 Plus One I Forgot!

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by.  I just finished my December tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016, I can't believe that the year is over already!  Tim's fabulous December tag was a remix of Shadowpress from May 2014 and Burlap and Punches from December 2015 (click here to see Tim's December tutorial).  As Christmas has come and gone, I decided to make my December tag on a winter theme and here is the result.


I don't have any of the Christmas Shadow Press folders so used the phrase 'good life' from the Documented set and embossed it with silver embossing powder.


I made some 'tiles' as Tim had done from various scrapbook papers, design tape and ephemera, topping them with Idea-ology embellishments.


My stenciled burlap background got lost in the shuffle but I had stenciled it with the Snowflakes layering stencil and Blueprint Sketch and Pumice Stone Distress sprays.

I added some Mini Holiday Greens die cuts to the top as I don't have any of Tim's punches and topped the greens with Mini Paper Snowflakes die cut from some silvery blue card I had made for another project.


Some gesso 'snow' was added to finish it off along with a burlap ribbon held on with some silver wire.

With December's tag completed I then went over to PicMonkey to make a collage of my 12 Tags of 2016 to share with you .... only to discover I had never made September's tag!  Have no idea how I missed making it but it was a problem I had to rectify so I set to work.  Tim's September tag was a remix of Distress Patina from April 2013 and Alcohol Ink Resist from September 2014 with some alcohol ink stamped resist on Yupo paper from Tim's Creative Chemistry 103 class thrown in for good measure!


What a fun tag to make, so many fabulous techniques!

I used the umbrella man stamp from Tim's Sideshow stamp set for the alcohol ink stamped resist technique, the Yupo paper is amazingly reactive and every single tiny detail on that fabulous stamp appeared as if by magic.


I didn't have any of the Framed Alpha Parts so used letters from the Ransom Alpha Parts set and glued them onto some Film Strip ribbon that I sewed into place.


And as I said, the Yupo is VERY reactive so I got a bit of leaking under the stencil when I did the alcohol ink resist technique through the mini Industrial layering stencil but hey ho, I'm embracing imperfection!


Wish more of the paint patina technique on the background showed up, it is gorgeous!

And so with that, all 12 tags of 2016 were completed and I was able to put together a collage of my Tim tags.


What a wonderful year of inspiration, thank you so much Tim for sharing your talent and creativity with us all, I've enjoyed each and every minute of it!  Here's hoping that the tradition will continue into 2017 and wishing everyone a very happy New Year!

Hugs, Deb xo

6 comments:

  1. Both tags look amazing and have fabulous details. That patina on your September tag is so awesome looking. The patina on the gears looks amazing too. It's fun seeing all the tags for the year in your collage. Looking forward to seeing your take on 2017 tags now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both fabulous. I like the look of the burlap on the first one. Seeing all 12 tags together I'm glad you didn't ask us to pick a favorite. I don't think I could do it. They're all wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I hope you can hear the big round of applause coming from Wilmington, NC!!! Bothof your tags are fantastic and creative takes on Tim's versions! Your snowy themed tag is perfectly designed and executed! I love how you've taken the greens to the top and added those fabulous flakes! And whoa on the September tag! I think Tim should re-draw on this month, because I KNOW you would be a winner! Love, Love, LOVE that background! You've inspired me to give this one another go, since thanks to my friend Anne Redfern, I now own some treasured Yupo.Pinned! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take...love the blue and wintery look. The other tag is wonderful too. Happy happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! ;-) Each one stunning and beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, fantastic - I'm joining in with Sara Emily's round of applause! What a fabulous take on the final tag -such scrumptious colours, and I adore your film negative one too - brilliant to see the whole set together - bravo!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo