Thursday, December 1, 2016

Song Of Christmas Card

This is my second of three posts today, if you are looking for my Mixed Media Mojo post click here and for my A Vintage Journey post click here.

Happy December everyone and thank you for stopping by today.  It's December 1st (as hard as that is to believe!) and time for a new challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares.  This month Kim dared us to create a project filled with Winter Wishes for Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years or whatever holiday you and your family celebrate at this time of year.  I decided to make a card celebrating the music of the holiday season which always fills my heart with joy.


The inspiration for my card came from that wonderful Partridge Tree In A Pear stamp from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and I paired it with Emerald Creek's Noteable, Eldergrove and Pine Cones stamps, the Mini Victorian Snowflake charms from Emerald Creek and the Vintage Tidings die by Tim Holtz from Sizzix.  I've a few step out photos on how I made it so grab a cup of wassail and read on!

I started out by stamping the Partridge Tree In A Pear stamp onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock card with Jet Black Archival ink and clear embossing the image.


The stamped image was watercoloured with Distress inks and fussy cut.

The colours were looking a little too bright for the vintage feel I was aiming for so I added a coat of Distress Vintage collage medium which added just the right touch of aging to the image.


Gold Deco Sheet was mounted onto some kraft cardstock and the word Noel from the Tim Holtz Vintage Tidings die set was cut from it.  A second Noel word was die cut from black fun foam and the Deco Sheet die cut word was adhered on top for some dimension.

I found the sheet music for 'The 12 Days Of Christmas' online and printed it out onto 110 lb white cardstock for my background.  Three Pine Cones were stamped along the bottom with Ground Espresso archival ink and clear embossed.


The Eldergrove stamp was stamped three times with Ground Espresso Archival ink just above the pine cones.  The Noteable treble clef stamp was stamped three times as well with clear Distress Embossing ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Shimmer embossing powder.  The whole background was then inked with Frayed Burlap Distress ink and the ink gently rubbed off of the Noteable treble clef images so that they popped off the background.

The bale was cut off of five Mini Victorian Snowflake charms and they were embossed with some white sparkle embossing powder that I had in my stash.


And then the card was assembled.  I cut a card blank from kraft coloured cardstock and adhered the stamped sheet music background paper to it after I had tattered and inked the edges of the sheet music and spattered it with some diluted Picket Fence Distress paint.


The Noel die cut was adhered to the top of the card


and the partridge and pear image was mounted onto some black fun foam and adhered just above the pine cones and over top of the Eldergrove trees.


I ended up adding a bit of gold embossing powder from my stash to the partridge's head and also added some clear Wink Of Stella to her feathers which isn't showing up in the picture but which gives her a lovely shimmer in the light.

The embossed Victorian snowflakes were then adhered here and there on the card front with E6000 glue.


And as a final touch, I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card from Tim Holtz's Doodle Greetings 1 stamp set with Jet Black Archival ink and clear embossed it.


I think it ties all of the Christmas carol references on the front of the card together rather nicely!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that you have enjoyed seeing how I put my Song Of Christmas card together.


I also hope that you will enter our Winter Wishes challenge this month at Emerald Creek Dares, you have a chance to win a very generous $50.00 gift certificate to Emerald Creek Craft Supplies online store - emeraldcreek.org - what a great Christmas present that would be!  Thanks again for stopping by and as always, happy creating!

Deb xo

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb this sure is a pretty way to say Merry Christmas! I love all your musical references and the vintage snowflakes look amazing covered with embossing powder! I love your splattering of white-like snow falling. don't you love those Deco Sheets? It looks amazing cut from the Noel die--I wish I had gotten that set. You are so talented-beautiful make! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning festive card Deb xx love the pear stamp with Partridge xx the song is a favourite in our house, taking each verse in turn, with mum loving Five Gold rings !!
    Love the sparkle and Noel die xx
    Tfs and hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Christmas design Deb! what beautiful thick snowflakes and beautiful stampings! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Deb! Fantastic details in the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this Deb! Amazing stamp and gorgeous colors and placement! Stunning! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Deb! Love how you used the partridge in the pear tree as well as embossed the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card Deb, I love the whole card but I keep going back to look at the fabulous Partridge, he is wonderful! I think the sentiment inside is just perfect too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great looking card that is. Right down to the stamped sentiment inside this is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what happened to my original comment. ..but I love this card!! The partridge stamp looks incredible! And the background you created is gorgeous! So much inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous detail. I just love how you've used everything it just all works so well. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo