Monday, January 16, 2017

Sneak Peek For Emerald Creek Craft Supplies!

Hello everyone, thanks so much for stopping by.  I am really excited to be able to share some sneak peeks with you today of new products that Emerald Creek Craft Supplies will be debuting at Creativation 2017 in Phoenix, Arizona in just a few days time.  I received a fabulous inspirational package from Kim a few days ago and here is what I ended up creating with some of it.


It will be no surprise to Kim that I ended up using her wonderful Oak Tree stamp (both the large cling mount and the smaller wood mount version) along with her new art stones, love them!  I paired them with Kelly Klapstein's Dream stamp, the Eldergrove stamp, Flower Crest brads and Vintage Feather and Pine Cone charms and love how my Dream Of Nature mixed media canvas turned out.

I'm afraid I don't have any step out photos as I had about 3 projects on the go at the same time as I race to get ready to leave for Phoenix in a few days (yes, I'm attending Creativation 2017 this year and am as excited as a school girl about it!) but I'll show you some closeups and try to describe for you how I made my canvas.

I started with a 5" x 7" flat artists canvas and covered it with white gesso.  Distress stains followed in Old Paper and Bundled Sage and then some drips, drops, sprays and splatters of water, Mowed Lawn Distress spray and a touch of Lucky Clover Distress stain followed.  The background was feeling a little too intense so I finger painted overtop with more white gesso and then did some second generation stamping with the Eldergrove stamp and the smaller wood mounted Oak Tree stamp in shades of Hickory Smoke and Ground Espresso Archival inks.


I also stamped some script very lightly with an old stamp from my stash and then did a tape transfer of some dictionary words and sealed the canvas with Distress Matte Collage medium.  A piece of cheesecloth stained with shades of green Distress inks was also added for a bit more texture and then the canvas was edged with Distress crayons in shades of green and brown.


Two Flower Crest brads were coloured with Latte and Ginger alcohol inks and a piece of jute twine strung between them at the top of the canvas.  A Vintage Feather charm was embossed with Burnt Copper Leaves embossing powder and suspended from the twine along with a couple of Pine Cone charms that had been coloured with Ginger and Mushroom alcohol inks.


A lovely little chipboard bird from Southern Ridge Trading Company's Small Bird Mix was then coloured with Walnut Stain Distress ink and adhered just above one of the tape transfers.

The large Oak Tree was stamped with Ground Espresso Archival ink onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock, clear embossed and fussy cut.  The image was edged with Frayed Burlap Distress ink, mounted onto some black fun foam and adhered to the canvas.


Kelly Klapstein's lovely handwritten Dream stamp was also stamped onto Heavystock but I used Jet Black Archival ink this time and clear embossed it.  After fussy cutting and edging with Frayed Burlap the sentiment was mounted onto more black fun foam and adhered along the bottom edge of the canvas.


And then it was time for those wonderful new art stones, they are so gorgeous in real life!  I used two of the colour ways Kim had sent me (sorry, I don't have any links or names for them yet as Kim has been crazy busy getting ready for Phoenix and hasn't had time to list them) but I'm going to call them topaz and quartz because that's what they remind me off.


I hope that you have enjoyed this sneak peek of just a small portion of all the wonderful new items at Emerald Creek Craft Supplies, I had so much fun creating with them!


Make sure you head on over to the Emerald Creek Dares blog to see what my teammates have made to inspire you and be sure to head back on January 18th when the rest of the team will post their creations with all the wonderful new releases from Emerald Creek.  We also hope that you will enter our Bring On The New Challenge where you can showcase any products or supplies that our new to you.  You have a chance to win a very generous gift certificate from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies so you can stock up on all these wonderful new products!

I'll be heading down to Creativation 2017 on the 18th and will be back home on the 24th so will fill you in as soon as I get back, it's going to be so much fun!  I'm teaching a make 'n take class for Southern Ridge Trading Company on the 21st from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. so if you happen to be in Phoenix make sure you pop by Booth #1934 (Southern Ridge) and Booth #1930 (Emerald Creek) to say hi!  Have a wonderful week everyone and as always, happy creating!

Deb xo

7 comments:

  1. Deb, your excitement at attending Creativation really shines through in your post, I hope you have THE most fabulous time! Your project is beautiful and I LOVE those beautiful stones!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this canvas Deb!! I love the earthyness of it and the stones look perfect, like they were made to be right at the base of that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous. Once again I'm fascinated by the background. It seems like every project you make I find myself staring at the background....lol You are a master of background art. Not to mention the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous canvas Deb! Love all the different texture you've added to it. See you soon!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, Deb - Happy (belated) Birthday! And second, many, many thanks for the wonderful inspiration I've seen from you on Facebook. I am en route to Nicaragua, so won't have my craft room at hand until March, but can't wait after seeing all your beautiful work lately! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed a beuatiful canvas! I'm loving those oak trees, as they are quite the thing here (I just spent a couple hours raking their pesky slippery leaves yesterday, but dare I say it, our oaks are different from yours). I digress from this lovely make! The way you used those gemstones is perfect; it's as if they were made especially for your scene! Great use of the dream stamp and those natural charms! Love it all to bits! I hope you are having a blast at CHA--I can't wait to hear the juicy gossip! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings, Deb,
    I love your combination of textures in this piece. Good work! Have a marvelous Monday. Take care, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo