Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Crazy 4 U Valentine's Day Card

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with lots of love and laughter xo 

Haley The Hound Dog asked me yesterday to make a Valentine's Day card that she could give to her Daddy so out came the Crazy Dog stamps and dies and here's what I created :O)


Happy to report my hubby loved it but really how could you not love those adorable Crazy Dogs?!


I started with a red card base, added some pink and red striped cardstock from my stash that I tattered and aged with Distress Vintage Collage medium and then I layered on some die cut hearts from my stash.  Think they had come as part of a die cut swap a few years ago so not sure what dies or embossing folders were used to make them.  An Amy Tangerine Document alphabet stamp set was used to stamp the sentiment onto some Distress ink coloured cardstock with Black Soot Distress Archival ink and clear embossed.


I purposefully left some of the edges inked on the individual alphabet stamps to get the faint lines around the letters, reminds me a bit of Tim's Blueprint stamps.

A 1" circle punch was used to punch out the 4 U and the entire sentiment was mounted onto black fun foam.


Haley was happy with the card too, although she wasn't real sure why the Crazy Dog was giving her Daddy some flowers rather than a ball or a bone, who in the heck wants a mouthful of flowers for Pete's sake?!


Hope you've enjoyed seeing my Crazy 4 U card and that you all have a wonderful day with your loved ones.   I'll be back again on the 16th with another Valentine's project that I made for Emerald Creek Craft Supplies so hope to see you then, happy creating!

Deb xo

10 comments:

  1. This could not be any cuter. And you know sure that that is exactly how a doggie feels for his humans. This has me smiling this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh - ADORE your Valentine Deb. So fun and reminds me of the good old days when Valentine's were crazy and fun and even sometimes nonsensical!! So glad I got to see this ON THE DAY. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet card Deb. Love the layers, and sentiment.I am inspired to make some cards even though Valentine's Day has passed. They'll be right for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. My husband wanted to know why therewere two cards for him and I told him one was fom the dog...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, you can't help but love them. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever Haley the Hound Dog! Your card is wonderful, those Crazy Dogs just make me smile every time I see them! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant Deb, such fun. You have to love these crazy dogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's very cute, and beautifully coloured. Love the textured hearts too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute and fun...love the hearts and colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo