Thursday, February 2, 2017

Imagine Dream Discover Tag Triptych

Hello and thank you for stopping by.  It's the start of a new month and that means it is time for a new challenge at A Vintage Journey and this month our theme is Words That Are SpecialJennie is our host this month and here is her brief:

We often use words for cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling, layering backgrounds, stamping, collage, in mixed media work, on our tags ... in fact, words are often an integral part of our design processes for many of our projects.  This month, show us words that are important or special to you and how you incorporate them into your vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journaling, industrial or steam punk art.

Our generous sponsor this month is Country View Crafts, www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk, and they are offering a £20 voucher to our randomly chosen winner, thank you Country View Crafts!

For my special words project, I decided to create a tag triptych incorporating three words that always inspire and guide my creative process; Imagine, Dream and Discover.


I've a few step out photos and some close ups for you on how I created my triptych (as usual I got on a roll and forgot to take any pictures as I was working!), hope you will enjoy seeing my process.

Imagine tag


Supplies:

#8 Distress Mixed Media Heavystock tag
Tim Holtz Halftone stamp
Distress Clear Embossing ink
Clear embossing powder
Distress Stain: Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Distress Crayon: Ground Espresso
StazOn Midnight Blue ink
Seth Apter Intersection stamp
Finnabair Bubble stamp
Tim Holtz Ledger Script stamp
Tim Holtz Classic Kraft Stock and Correspondence paper pads
Tim Holtz Globe die
Tim Holtz Possibilities stamp and die set
Distress Archival ink: Black Soot
Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap
Mirrored Star
Mushroom Alcohol Ink
Jute ribbon and string







Dream tag


Supplies:

#8 Distress Mixed Media Heavystock tag
Rays stencil
Distress Paint: Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey
Distress Ink: Broken China, Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans
Distress Crayon: Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Ground Espresso
Paper Artsy Ellen Vargo EEV05 stamp
Tim Holtz Cling Heartfelt stamp
Fine script stamp
Distress Archival Ink: Ground Espresso and Black Soot
Stampers Anonymous Classics #16 stamp set
Tissue paper
110 lb white cardstock
Distress Matte Collage medium
Distress Clear Embossing ink
Words Remnant Rubs
Tim Holtz Correspondence Paper Stash
Jute ribbon and string
Number Token
Rusted safety pin and jump ring







Discover tag


Supplies:

#8 Distress Mixed Media Heavystock tag
Tim Holtz Linen stamp
Distress Paint: Old Paper
Distress Stain: Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Distress Crayon: Ground Espresso
Paper Artsy Ellen Vargo EEV05 stamp
Finnabair Wire Net stamp
Tim Holtz Papillon stamp
StazOn Midnight Blue ink
Tim Holtz Classic Kraft Stock and Correspondence paper pads
Tim Holtz Wildflowers die
Tim Holtz Bird Feather stamp set
Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap
Distress Archival Ink: Ground Espresso
Clear embossing powder
67 lb black cardstock
Tim Holtz Handwritten Journey die
Jute ribbon and string
Mirrored Star
Mushroom Alcohol ink






All three tags were joined together on the reverse with Tim Holtz design tape.

I hope that you've enjoyed seeing my tag triptych and that you will be inspired to enter our Words That Are Special challenge this month at A Vintage Journey.


Make sure to stop by A Vintage Journey to see what my fellow Creative Guides have made to inspire you and I can't wait to see what you make to link up with us this month.  Have fun and as always, happy creating!

I'd like to link my Imagine Dream Discover tag triptych up with the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine February Anything Goes Make It Take It Challenge - lots of stamping on the background and foreground of each of my tags!

Deb xo

P.S.  If you can also give me some feedback on the manner in which I shared my project with you today I would very much appreciate it.  I know everyone is very pressed for time these days and doesn't have the time or the inclination to read endless 'how to' descriptions so thought I'd try a new approach and just give you a supply list and some close up pictures to show you how I created my project.  Is it too much, too little, are you totally confused??  Please let me know and thanks in advance!

25 comments:

  1. All three are beautiful Deb. Love the soft colors and the details from the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tags, Deb! I like your color mix and all the great details on each tag. Always awesome inspiring words and phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant trio Deb, each one special in its own right and theu look fantastic together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Wonderful tag triptych Deb. The golden rays of sunshine give such a lovely golden glow.
    I liked the format you have used and do wonder myself sometimes if lengthy, time consuming blog posts are actually read? Would be interested in any feedback you may receive .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these Deb! They really play off each other as a triptych and give you the scope to use even more fabulous product. I love how you've done the 'ingredients' shots and close ups too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Deb just stunning - love each and everyone of them. I need to do a tag - not done tags for ages - you have inspired me! Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I love seeing all the details but as you say, not everyone has time to read through, so much so, I have been considering cutting down. Your triptych is beautiful and I love the inspiring words you have chosen! A lovely post Deb! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous tags with wonderful words, love all of these Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So liking these Deb! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant trio Deb - they are each wonderful but stunning when together! I enjoyed reading your step outs but I know what you mean - I am always conscious of it myself! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely trio of tags Deb, I particularly like those sun rays . Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fantastic. I love that linen stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really lovely Deb, I have serious stamp envy! I always enjoy reading your step by step's too but you can still tell your stories with photographs. I know what you mean about the time thing and people seem to be more into Face Book than blogging, it's always nice to visit a blog though for a 'proper' look. Have a great weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful stampings, colors and design on your lovely tag triptych Deb! We both used that wonderful globe die - just love it! A wonderful visualization of your words! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings, Deb,
    I love your creativity...the tags are great. Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words! Enjoy what's left of the weekend. Take care, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful tags Deb with great inky designs, love your choice of stamps on them all.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. For me, you give the very BEST tutorials and this one is no exception. I ogle your beautiful work on Facebook, but come here for your directions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. totally fabulous triptych Deb x Love the details in them all and like you I love those words...........pretty special.

    sending huge hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely creative work, gorgeous tags

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous!!! I love how you come the yellow in the middle and gorgeous combination too. Great old images mixed with the new... Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea to incorporate words that inspire into your tag triptych. They are all just INSPIRATIONALLY INTRIGUING Deb. Each one is UNIQUE and LOVELY. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous trio - they are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. An absolutely delightful triptych, Deb - I love the springtime colours and perfect distressing on the die-cuts - entirely lovely. Sorry I've missed so much... still running just to stay in one place!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adore the tags! They are fantastic, each one with details to admire! I can't choose! all three are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Deb, All three tags are beautiful, and I love your choice of special words. I especially love the sun rays background.

    I for one, do read through step by steps, and am guilty of overusing my words on my own posts, I guess. One thing I am trying to do is explain just one technique on a project, since I'll probably use the other techniques on another project. Then I'll explain another technique on another post. (At least this is what I'm striving for. Tee Hee.)

    I do love the photos and supply lists (a crazy chick does this), but I sometime find it confusing and will spend my time trying to figure it out. What can I say, I'm a curious crafter! You just have to do what works best for you! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo