Saturday, February 25, 2017

Spring Flowers Mother's Day Card and Gift Box

Hello everyone, I am very excited to be able to share with you that I had another project published in Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's Spring 2017 issue! (And Mom, if you are reading this post, stop now so you don't ruin your Mother's Day gift! :O)


Thank you Creative Scrapbooker!


I made this coordinating Mother's Day card and gift box back in October and can't seem to locate the step out photographs that I took while constructing it so will just share some close ups with you and try to describe how I made it.


The card base is a Michaels thank you card, the kind you can find in their $1.50 bins (probably the $1.00 bins in the States, darn that currency conversion rate!) and I use them often for my card bases and simply cover up the 'thank you' sentiment.  The scrapbook paper used for both the card and to cover the gift box is from a Recollections 'Blossoms & Bliss' paper stack, lovely spring colours in the stack with lots of watercolour inspired designs.


I stamped Tim Holtz's Flower Garden peony onto 110 lb white cardstock with Black Soot Archival ink and then watercoloured the flower with my water brush and multiple shades of pink Distress inks, think I used Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and a touch of Abandoned Coral.


The flower was fussy cut and mounted onto some fun foam over top a length of green and white grosgrain ribbon and a cardstock belly band coloured with multiple shades of green Distress inks with lots of spritz and flick to echo the watercolour design and colours on the scrapbook paper.


The Mom sentiment was stamped with a wood block alphabet stamp set I purchased at Michaels years back.  Three little tags were cut from the same green Distress ink coloured cardstock and stamped with some sentiment stamps and stars and hearts from my stash.  The sentiments were from a Simon Says Stamp BE 3x4 Clear Stamp set and the stars and hearts from some discontinued Crafty Secrets stamps.  A bit of 1/8" green satin ribbon was added to the top of each tag and they were tucked underneath the belly band.

The little gift box was die cut using Eileen Hull's Candy Drawer Box die from heavy chipboard and then covered with the Blossom & Bliss scrapbook paper.


More cardstock was coloured with Distress inks in multiple shades of pink and red Distress inks and the flowers were die cut from it using the 3D Rose die from Sizzix and Tim Holtz's Tiny Tattered Florals die.  The leaves were die cut with the Tiny Tattered Florals die from card coloured with green Distress inks and then some flat backed gems from my stash were added here and there along with some Stickles glitter glue in the center of the Tattered Florals roses.  A Heirloom Rose was coloured with Red Pepper alcohol ink and added to the front of the candy drawer for a pull with  E6000 glue.


Hope you have enjoyed seeing my Mother's Day gift ensemble and thank you again to Creative Scrapbooker Magazine for publishing me, it's always such a thrill to see one of your creations in print and I am still in shock each time it happens.  I hope too that my Mom will like what I made for her, thinking that a pair of lovely earrings would fit nicely in that little gift box :O)

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope I've given you a bit of inspiration to make something for your own Mom, have a great weekend and as always happy creating!

Deb xo

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Deb!! You deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Deb. Bet you were thrilled. I'll have to get the mini Tattered Florals die.I can see how it would combine well with the big die, and I love the tags on the front of the card idea.Those block stamps are lovely.
    Cheers
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. How exciting. Love the card and the box

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening, Deb,
    This is pretty special...I love the little box! Enjoy what's left of the weekend. Take care ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created Deb, huge congratulations on being in print with these two lovelies, your Mum is gonna love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your publish! Your Mom's card is so pretty. I love the many textured layers. The little candy box is pretty and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! The card is beautiful and such a clever candy box too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being published Deb, your card and box are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge Congratulations on yet another published piece Deb xxx Totally love this card and the stunning colour combo, fabulous layout. Apologies for my lack of visits but life has been getting in the way as it does sometimes

    Huge Hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous makes, and so worthy of the publication honour - it's like a whole post full of springtime delights!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Deb, well done they are brilliant makes. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo