Thursday, March 30, 2017

Collect Beautiful Moments Butterfly Tag

Hello and thank you for stopping by.  We are having fun over at A Vintage Journey today, since March is a month with 5 Fridays in it the Creative Guides get a chance to play and make whatever style or design of tag that we'd like for our Tag Friday post.  It's one of our favourite days of the month!  I just came into possession of some new to me Tim Holtz Texture Fade embossing folders and Mover & Shapers dies so decided to use them to create my Collect Beautiful Moments Butterfly tag.


I also broke out Tim's new Metallic Craft Stock paper for my embossed panels and the details on my butterflies, love it!  I've some step out photos on how I made my tag, hope you will enjoy seeing them.

I started out by cutting a #10 size tag from Tim Holtz's Wallflower Paper Stash and backed it with a piece of 110 lb white cardstock for stability.


Stenciling came next through a Wildflowers die negative left over from a previous project with Salty Ocean Distress ink and then I added some stenciling through the Blossom and Nordic layering stencils here and there over the surface of the tag with Transparent Gloss Texture paste.  By using the gloss texture paste I ended up with some delicious glints and shimmers across the background on the finished tag.


I just purchased the Vintage Cabinet Card and the Mini Cabinet Card Movers & Shapers dies (they had a wonderful sale on at Quiet Fire!) so I die cut both shapes from silver Metallic Craft Stock.  I also got the Patchwork Texture Fades embossing folder at the same sale and embossed both die cut panels.  I lined up the smaller Mini Cabinet Card die cut panel so that it was embossed in exactly the same way as the Vintage Cabinet Card panel.  Both embossed die cuts were sanded to reveal some of the kraft core underneath the silver metallic layer and then the embossed areas were enhanced with Ground Espresso Distress paint that was painted on and then rubbed off while still wet.


Distress Mixed Media Heavystock was coloured with Distress inks in shades of blue and green and then stamped with a script stamp from my stash with Ground Espresso Archival ink.  I used Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Mermaid Lagoon for the blue section and Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the greens.  I then die cut one blue and one green butterfly with the Detailed Butterflies die and then die cut the coordinating detail layer for each butterfly from gold Metallic Craft Stock.

After adhering the two layers together, the gold metallic craft stock was sanded to reveal some of the underlying kraft core and the butterflies were edged with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.


Flowers were next die cut from Wallflower Paper Stash papers with the Tattered Florals and Tiny Tattered Florals dies.  The larger Tattered Florals posies had a flat back diamond gem added to their centers and the Tiny Tattered Florals flowers had either a bit of gold or silver glitter glue added to their centers.


A label was die cut from Wallflower Paper Stash paper with a Mini Labels Movers & Shapers die (another new purchase which sounds extravagant but it was a 60% off sale so I couldn't afford not to buy them!).  The label was mounted onto some black fun foam for dimension and the Collect Beautiful Moments sentiment added from the Quotations Metallic Stickers set.

And then the tag was assembled.  I added the 'little things' sentiment from Tim's Clippings Stickers because for me it is the little things in life that always seem to make the most beautiful and memorable moments.  A fragment of Crinkle Ribbon was coloured with Frayed Burlap Distress ink and I added a wee rose image from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper to a Charmed Findings bezel and sealed it with Glossy Accents before attaching it with a Loop Pin.  Three of the handmade flowers were adhered to the top right corner and a bit of greenery die cut with the Mini Holiday Greens die from more Wallflower paper was tucked underneath the butterfly on the left.  You can also spy some script stamping that I added to the tag background with Ground Espresso Archival ink and a script stamp from my stash.


The two embossed cabinet card die cuts were adhered to the tag, with black fun foam underneath the smaller of the two embossed panels for a bit more dimension.  The Detailed Butterflies were adhered to the cabinet cards by one wing only so they appeared to be about to take flight.


I love this Patchwork embossing folder and it worked so beautifully with the silver Metallic Craft Stock.


The label was centered down at the bottom of the tag and another spray of foliage die cut with the Mini Holiday Greens die was tucked underneath the blue butterfly.


The remaining flowers were adhered to the left lower corner and you can catch a glimpse of the silver and gold glitter glue in the centers of the Tiny Tattered Florals in the picture below.


I hope that you've enjoyed seeing how my Collect Beautiful Moments Butterfly tag came together, as always I had so much fun just playing with supplies and techniques old and new to create my Tag Friday project for A Vintage Journey!


I hope you will be able to take a minute to check out the rest of the tags that the Creative Guides made to inspire you, click here to take a peek and you will also find a special AVJ birthday linky there with a chance to win a lovely gift!  Thank you again for taking the time to stop by today, happy crafting!

Deb xo

15 comments:

  1. Love that embossed silver piece Deb and your beautiful flowers and butterflies - spring may be coming??!!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this tag, Deb! That's an awesome embossing folder and looks fabulous done with the metalic paper. As well as how you made the gorgeous butterflies. So many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wonderful products and techniques you have used Deb have resulted in the most magnificent finished tag. I love all the contrasts and colour variations and the beautiful layers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely scrumptious background textures, and brilliant work with all the die-cuts - it's easy to see you had a wonderful time making this. And I just love the results!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this tag. Those butterflies are so pretty with that backing paper. Oh and by the way the paper you colored to cut the butterflies from would be pretty on it's own in a project. I like those flowers too

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful tag! Deb. Love the industrial metallic working in contrast to the more natural elements of nature. Great work
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed metallic elements are wonderful, so many lovely textures. The butterflies are gorgeous and the flowers have such a lovely Spring'like quality to them. Love this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Deb, that background folder is one of my favorites, will have to get it out and use again. Great use of butterflies, can't go wrong with those. Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh just wonderful Deb! So many gorgeous things to look at and some fabulous contrasts. A really lovely tag. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background Deb, the effect of the metallic behind the butterflies makes for a wonderful contrast, - a really lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous Deb - I just want to touch it! So much texture and interest - great composition xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, this is my all time favorite of yours! I almost had as much fun reading through your post on how this came together as you had making it! I love the way you have done your cabinet cards, and now I oh, so want to get those dies and the metallic paper! My list of wishes' has grown tremendously by seeing your post today! Well done on this tag! Bravo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this tag Deb xx The colour combination/background details are fabulous but the butterflies are just amazing as are the flowers you have created

    TFS and hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Layers of loveliness! The bright butterflies work perfectly against that embossed metallic background and I love the scattering of flowers xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo