Sunday, June 11, 2017

Resist Techniques Coaster Book For A Vintage Journey

Hello everyone, popping in to let you know I have a project over at A Vintage Journey today for the second stop on our Destination Inspiration journey for June.  This month our travel bags are packed with the following supplies:

Product: Paint
Technique: Any Resist Technique
Colour: Shades of Orange
Substrate: Beer Mat or Coaster

and I decided to create a little book of resist techniques made from coasters for my stop on our journey using techniques from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities books, volumes I and III (I need to buy volume II!).


Orange isn't a colour I use very often but I used most every orangeish shade of Distress ink, stain, spray and paint that I had in my stash, you may need sunglasses to view a couple of pages LOL!  Hope you'll be able to stop by A Vintage Journey for a peek, see you there!

Deb xo

9 comments:

  1. This little coaster book is a gem of samplers. Each page is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic collection of resist techniques all collected together in a wonderful coaster book. Great DI post and project Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool idea. I love working with coasters. It looks fabulous my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea. I'm off to The Vintage Journey to see more. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat little book. I don't have a whole lot of orange to work with but it is a pretty fantastic color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very impressive reference book Deb and a fabulous tutorial! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning make over at AVJ, Deb - what a brilliant way to "collect" the resist techniques for easy and beautiful reference!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are brilliant pages Deb, a great way to keep these techniques together. Have a fun weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful way of referencing the 'resist' techniques! Deb. Great idea and terrific project x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo