Friday, August 18, 2017

Life Lesson Number 25 For Southern Ridge Trading Company

Hello everyone, I have a tutorial over on Southern Ridge Trading Company's blog today for my Life Lesson Number 25 mixed media plaque.


I love how this turned out, think one of my nieces will be getting this one as a gift in the near future 'cause I think that's a pretty important life lesson to remember!

I used Southern Ridge's Foliage Round Frame, Birds On Branch, a page from their Sprocket Album and their Heart stencil along with Distress Ink, Distress Oxide and Distress Stain from Tim Holtz and Ranger Ink and Rebekah Meier Designs Foil Transfer Sheets and Mixed Media Art Paper from Therm O Web.  I also accidentally discovered a wonderful property of the Distress Oxides and had fun making my faux chippy enamel Index Clip, so make sure you pop by for the how to, see you there!

Deb xo

P.S. Happy to be able to say that we are no longer on Evacuation Alert due to the wildfire threatening our home, we got the all clear earlier this week so no more living out of suitcases at the front door, woo-hoo!  They are still working on hot spots above us, the water trucks are up and down the road still, but the fire is no longer considered a threat to our homes which is a huge relief.

I wanted to share a picture with you too, do you remember the thank you sign that I had put up on our fence to thank the B.C. Wildfire Service?  Well, one of the fire crews working on our fire, Fall Line Hotel, stopped and signed it for us, I was tickled pink when I saw it!


Going to frame this for sure, I've taken it down off of the fence for safe keeping, and I cannot begin to express my thanks and gratitude to everyone involved who helped to save our homes.  You are all very, very special people, thank you, thank you, thank you!! xo

9 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Deb! Stunning!!! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your life lesson plaque too! Thats amazing the firefighters let you know they appreciated your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaque So happy the firefighers signed you sign

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are hero's and risk their lives every time they go into a fire, but wildfires are so unpredictable. So glad you are safe and that your home was saved. I have friends in Williams Lake and they too, still have their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plaque is beautiful and such a great message too Deb. I just love the 'texture' you created on the bird. I am sure your niece will love it!

    I am so pleased to hear that things are back to normal for you, it must have been such a frightening experience. What a lovely gesture by the fire crew to autograph your sign - that is definitely a keeper! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming plaque - the silhouettes are lovely against the soft blues. And what a lovely response to your thank you banner! Shows the true human spirit when faced with adversity - so glad things are back to normal for you now.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon, Deb,
    You are always so creative...I enjoy your work! I am especially glad to hear you are no longer on evacuation notice. Stay safe! I hope this finds you well. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly beautiful, Deb! And how wonderful the firemen signed your sign! Great gesture by all parties involved! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo