Sunday, October 29, 2017

All Is Calm Christmas Card

Hello and thanks for stopping by, I have a Christmas card to share with you today that was inspired by Linda Coughlin's week #5 tag for her 12 Tags Of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge.


If you haven't heard about Linda's challenge yet, head on over to her blog to check it out and join in the fun, you have a chance to win some very generous gift certificates to Linda's store The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  The card I made this week was inspired by Linda's use of the Tim Holtz Great Outdoors wood round stamp on the background and how she framed her focal point with Tim's Stitched Squares dies.  I have a few step out photos of how I made my card, read on for the how to.

I started out with a kraft A6 size card blank and cut a front panel for the card from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock to 4" x 6".  The panel was inked up with Antique Linen Distress Oxide and then randomly stamped with the wood round stamp from the Stamptember 2017 stamp set and Tree Branch Archival ink.


Those wonderful sketchy deer from the same Stamptember 2017 stamp set were then stamped over top of the wood rounds with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink. The edges of the panel were then distressed and inked with Ground Espresso Distress ink.

The antlered deer from Tim's Holiday Drawings stamp set was stamped onto a piece of Heavystock with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink and clear embossed.  The image was die cut with a Stitched Square die and the edges inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  The next largest Stitched Square was die cut from a green patterned Yuletide Paper Stash, the stamped image centered overtop and some Yuletide Fasteners added to three of the corners (I just noticed when I was editing the pictures that the three red fasteners are not all the same .... I'm going to pretend that I meant to do that!! :OD )


Some Mini Holiday Greens were die cut from red and green Classic Kraft-Stock and a couple of pieces of jute twine wound around the top of the card.  Three of Tim's Tiny Bells were sewn on top of the die cut greenery.

And then I forgot to take more in process pics so here are some closeups of the finished card.


A Holiday Talk Metallic Sticker was adhered to a piece of Heavystock and inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and added beside the layered Stitched Squares.


Another larger Yuletide Fastener was added to the bottom right corner of the layered Stitched Squares (this one I meant to be different than the others!!)


And finally, one of the sentiments from Tim's Doodle Greetings 1 set was stamped on the inside of the card.


So that's my card inspired by The Funkie Junkie's week #5 tag, hope that you have enjoyed seeing it.


You still have lots of time to join in the fun over at The Funkie Junkie, the challenge doesn't close until December 29th so head on over and be inspired!  I'd also like to link up my card with the current 'Not A CreatureWas Stirring' over at Jingle Belles blog :)  Thanks for stopping by and happy creating,

Deb xo

12 comments:

  1. Awesome rustic feel you have achieved here, Deb! I am really loving that wood slice stamp. I wasn't sure how it could be used when I first saw it, but think it makes a fantastic background! I really like the way you overstamped the deer too. All the rest of the elements coordinate and work so beautifully! I'm deligthed you have made it through week #5 with this fantastic eye candy to inspire my visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great woodland card, Deb! The deer silhouette stamps are really nice and work so well in the background. I like the pops of color with the Christmas greenery and red details. Great layers and textures. I like the bells added with the string and love that brad fastener. I love seeing a sentiment on the inside. Card insides are hardly ever shown...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I love the rustic feel of it. The inside sentiment is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic holiday card Deb! I love all the neutral and muted tones, such a vintage feel and that works so well for the cottage style images you used! Distressed layers and bronze vintage jingle bells, wow what a fabulous country style holiday card! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! The background is fab, and love all the greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous card, Deb - I adore the natural colour palette which works so perfectly for these stamps. Great work with the wood slice in the background, and lovely layers and greenery - love, love, love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gorgeous neutral tones and the repeated wood stamp ... so very glad you joined our *creature feature* at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this take on week 5, it’s really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the little details on this!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Deb, this one really caught my eye, and I have to say my favorite of yours! Your 'old' deer works so well with Tim's new set, and now I'm wishing I had ordered it! Well done, you! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh what an amazing holiday card, i was just getting ready to ask if the background paper was current and then i saw that you MADE IT! (this would not be the first time you enabled me into some awesome TH and probably not the last either, lol!) so pleased you could join our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo