Sunday, October 15, 2017

Fa-La-La Christmas Card

Hello everyone, I'm back to share another Christmas card inspired by Linda Coughlin's 12 Tags Of Christmas Funkie Junkie style challenge sponsored by her store, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  My Fa-La-La card took inspiration from Linda's wonderful week #2 tag with it's shabby vintage styling and colour palette, what's not to love!


I started out the same as last week with an A2 kraft card blank and a front panel cut from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock.  I'm still waiting on my stamps and stencils from Tim Holtz's 2017 Christmas release to arrive so used a Dyan Reaveley Alphabet Border stencil and Ranger Opaque Crackle texture paste for the stenciled background and sealed it with Distress Vintage Collage Medium once the crackle paste had dried.


Inking with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink followed to the raised stenciled design and to the edges of the panel, followed by touches of Indian Gold Nuvo Mousse applied to the same areas.

To echo the vintage vibe on Linda's tag, I stamped an old Hampton Art Hot Fudge Studio stamp (RSS011) onto Heavystock with Potting Soil Archival ink and die cut it with a Spellbinders Lacey Squares die, inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and adding touches of Indian Gold Nuvo Mousse.

I was intrigued when Linda said she had die cut the snowflakes on her tag from corrugated paper, I'd never thought to die cut such delicate dies from corrugated cardstock so had to give it a try and it worked wonderfully!  I used Tim's Mini Paper Snowflakes dies to cut snowflakes from some kraft corrugated card, added touches of white gesso to the corrugations followed by inking with Vintage Photo DI and more Nuvo Mousse.

The kraft snowflakes were a bit lost when I put them up against my background panel so I cut more snowflakes from white corrugated card, inked them in the same manner and added more Nuvo Mousse.


I then layered the two die cut snowflakes, offsetting them with the kraft snowflake on the bottom and added some flat back pearls and a 'gumdrop' gem from the $1 store that I inked with Gold Mixative alcohol ink.

Tags were cut from Heavystock and stamped with Vintage Photo Archival ink using Tim Holtz's Holiday Drawings, Artistic Outpost's Sleigh Ride and Crafty Secrets Christmas Joy stamps.


A finally, a Snowflake Adornments charm was embossed with some fine gold embossing powder.

And then the card was assembled, here are a few close ups.





Love the shimmer from the touches of Nuvo Mousse!


A greeting from Tim's Doodle Greetings 1 stamp set was added to the inside, stamped with Black Soot archival and clear embossed.


Hope you've enjoyed seeing my Fa-La-La Christmas card and that you'll join in the fun over at Linda's blog.


I'm still behind on Linda's weekly challenges but catching up slowly, stay tuned for week #3 coming shortly!  Thanks as always for stopping by today and happy creating!

Deb xo

8 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Way prettier than anything you can buy in the store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Deb! Loaded with inspiring details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Deb. Love how you've cut the snowflakes with corrugated card, brilliant idea. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, this vintage card is so gorgeous!!! Love it!
    Hugs, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So incredibly beautiful Deb! Absolutely stunning! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card, every detail is magical! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage sepia tones on your card, Deb! So many rich details here from the crackle paste background to that wonderful Christmas collage image and your fantastic corrugated cardboard snowflakes. The person who receives this Christmas card is going to flip! Thanks so much for sharing it with my visitors to the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this has such a delightful vintage feel to it, I love it!

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo